Credit: This image very kindly made available for reproduction by Geographicus Rare Antique Maps (geographicus.com) as part of a cooperation project with the Wikimedia Foundation.
Click here for the full-size image.
Vincenzo Coronelli's 1694 map of the Great Lakes drew from the reports of Jesuit Missionaries, marked with forts, Indian villages, and missionary stations. Lake Ontario is referred to as Lake "Frontenac," and Lake Simcoe is marked as "L Toronto." The villages of Toioiagon (Teiaiagon) and Canathe-Kiagon (Ganatsekwyagon) are also marked.